Intelligent Design: An Evolutionary Sandbox
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
In a universe driven by targets, a faceless corporation employs you to create an evolving ecosystem you can never hope to control...
Intelligent Design is a sandbox god game with fully simulated genetics and evolution. You create species of plants, herbivores and carnivores, but once created you can only sit back and watch evolution happen. As your ecosystem develops you will build research stations to study your creatures. Research allows you to unlock genetic engineering abilities, which can lead to some really weird and unexpected consequences. Great power comes with great responsibility however, since when you start tampering with genetics it is hard to undo your mistakes...
- Fully modeled genetics which govern creature behavior
- Genetic crossover through breeding
- Genetic mutation caused by radiation
- A climate model which tests the robustness of your plants and is effected by the ecosystem you design
- Invest in genetics research to unlock new abilities
- All of the data collected during your game is exported to xml for you to analyse
- Online leaderboards
Support our Steam Greenlight campaign here.
There is no auto-save, manually save and load with the system menu.
Despite simplistic graphics the underling model is quite intensive, a mid range gaming PC is recommended.
The single track was created for the game by MIDIEvil Studios.
Follow me on twitter @DrSeanWalton for more information or contact me by e-mail email@example.com. Feel free to monetize any videos/streams of this game.
Mac and Linux versions are untested by me, I just compiled them using unity. Any issues post them in the forum below.
v1.2 Release Notes (19/01/2017)
- Attempt to fix a cursor bug with linux build
- Improved performance of creature AI
|Published||246 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||base-building, Controller, Economy, low-poly, Management, Procedural Generation, Relaxing, Sandbox, Sci-fi, Space|
|Average duration||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, XBox 360 controllers, Gamepad (any)|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Configurable controls|
Click download now to get access to the following files: