Intelligent Design: An Evolutionary Sandbox
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
In a universe driven by targets, a faceless corporation employs you to create an evolving ecosystem you can never hope to control...
Intelligent Design is a sandbox god game with fully simulated genetics and evolution. You create species of plants, herbivores and carnivores, but once created you can only sit back and watch evolution happen. As your ecosystem develops you will build research stations to study your creatures. Research allows you to unlock genetic engineering abilities, which can lead to some really weird and unexpected consequences. Great power comes with great responsibility however, since when you start tampering with genetics it is hard to undo your mistakes...
- Fully modeled artificial life with genetics and AI
- Genetic crossover through breeding
- Genetic mutation caused by radiation
- A climate model which tests the robustness of your plants and is effected by the ecosystem you design
- Invest in genetics research to unlock new abilities
- All of the data collected during your game is exported to xml for you to analyse
- Online leaderboards
- AMD Radeon HD 6520G or equivalent
- Quad core CPU @ 2 GHz
- 4GB RAM
- GeForce GTX 780 or equivalent
- Quad core CPU @ 3 GHz
- 8GB RAM
This game has been greenlit by the Steam community. Purchasing the game on itch will give you early access to the non-steamworks version of the game and a steam key (PC and Linux) on release of the steam version.
The single track was created for the game by MIDIEvil Studios.
Follow me on twitter @DrSeanWalton for more information or contact me by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to monetize any videos/streams of this game.
v1.6 Release Notes (05/03/2017)
- Changed some wording for controls
- Removed save location text
- Research UI stays when looking at a research station
- Improvements to memory management
- Fire effect looks correct on larger plants
- Performance improvements
- Re-balanced level curves
- Added background panels to UI
- Buildings menu appears when upgrade button is available - to help you compare prices of upgrades to buying new buildings
- Improved control information
The Mac version will not be supported on steam, I don't have the resources to test it. The file is available here for Mac users who bought the game previously.
|Published||309 days ago|
|Tags||base-building, Controller, Economy, low-poly, Management, Procedural Generation, Relaxing, Sandbox, Sci-fi, Space|
|Average duration||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, XBox 360 controllers, Gamepad (any)|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Configurable controls|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: